Family Faith Fest April 25 2021 CANCELED
Time & Location
About the Event
This event is open to families. Single person can also participate.
Due to current health circunstances, each person or family is invited to bring its own food and drinks.
OPTIONAL FAMILY BANNER :
You could bring a family banner or a "spiritual coat of arms": a banner you made in previous years or a new one based on the theme: “Let Not Your Hearts Be Troubled” (John 14: 27).
For those who are attending for the first time, please find below our recommendations to design your banner. There will be a frame provided for when you arrive but please ensure to respect the dimensions indicated below:
- you can choose any material you like (paper, cloth…) light to medium weight
- the finished size of the banner should be 18 to 21 inches in width
- the minimum length should be around 25” , but it can be much longer if you wish
- If using cloth, make the “ tube ” for the dowel rod by turning under 3 to 4” from the top. Stitch or glue. Cut a U shape in the center of this tube 3” down and 4 ” wide.
- If using lightweight fabric, it can be helpful to make a hem at the bottom with small weights to help it hang properly. (pennies work well as weights.) - You can hem the sides or glue as needed as well.
- Decorate with your family name and any symbols or images important to your family.
- When you bring the banner, we will provide a ½ inch dowel to place horizontally through the sleeve. This will allow the banner to hang on the vertical pole provided by the Brothers and Sisters.
OPTIONAL FAMILY PERFORMANCE:
We are seeking families who would sing, play music, do a skit, read a poem together, put on some form of dance (Irish dancing for example) or any other performance as a family : this should be less an individual than a family performance.
The family performance should be brief: we are imparting 20 minutes for the entire entertainment. If you have a proposition, a brother or a sister will contact you beforehand.
FAMILIES WITH INFANTS UNDER THREE YEARS OF AGE:
For the families with infants under three years of age, a parent (or an older sibling) would need to remain with her/his child during the morning activities. If your infant is sleeping, you can come to the adult talk or you can stay in the bookstore area in the Conference Center where you can listen to the talk through loudspeakers. There will also be another area for parents with children.
For more informations, please contact br. Hugh Mary :
firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: 309-573 3984